Everyone with a personal Specs.net user account is also automatically provided with access to the file transfer server of Specs.net using their username/password combination. Next to the regular (web) access to Specs.net, access to the file transfer server can be used for fetching the latest information or updates of our available compound libraries.
Automation of library updates
Using file download via the filetransfer.specs.net server enables an easier automation of updates of Specs’ current available compound libraries for your in-house system. A plain ASCII file (Specs_availabilities.csv) containing daily up-to-date availability of our compound inventory in mg, is also available for download.
How to use / settings
Protocols: FTP, SSL/TLS (FTPS)
Username/password: Your Specs.net logon credentials
Client programs can be any command line based FTP program or any regular application like for example FileZilla, WS-FTP or Cute-FTP.
Software for using Specs.net:
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Download and install a JRE for your platform from the Oracle website.
Structure editors / chemical file format converters / SD-file viewers:
- Accelrys Draw, structure editor from Biovia (a.k.a. Accelrys and previous Symyx Solutions, Inc., product formerly known as MDL ISIS/Draw)
- ChemDraw, structure editor from Perkin Elmer
- MDL Chime plugin, free plugin to display three dimentional structures of molecules
- DataWarrior, free Cheminformatics Program for Data Visualization and Analysis from openmolecules.org
- BKChem, free chemical drawing program written in Python
- Open Babel, chemical toolbox for converting most known chemical file formats
- PowerMV, Software environment for statistical analysis, molecular viewing, descriptor generation, and similarity search from NISS (National Institute of Statistical Sciences).
Free image viewer from Specs:
- SpecsView, free Microsoft Windows picture viewer/conversion program for e.g. quality spectra or other pictures provided by us (1.1 MB)